Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December's Here...

What is really up with Decatur Illinois?

Well, a few things:

(1) It's finally cold (& icy & snowy, etc.)
(2) There's a push to get rid of the current form of government in Decatur. Is it better or worse. Jackson has been talking about it. I don't know. I would be interested to see what Daniels has to say.
(3) The Fighting Illini football team is going to the Rose Bowl! Nice...I hope they do well.
(4) Gas prices are up and down. No rhyme or reason. I wonder what the oil companies' profits were this year?
(5) Main Street Project (or whatever it's called) is looking good. How about doing that down my street? I just wonder how long before the road sinks and the bricks start sticking up out of the road.
(6) Christmas is a comin'....two weeks from today! Wow. Downtown shops do offer a LOT of ideas, people. If nothing else, walk around, grab some caramel corn or an ice cream...maybe a sub! Enjoy the experience!
(7) Is it me, or does WSOY between 6-9am still sound lame despite the move to downtown?
(8) I'm tired...time to go home.

Comments anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your email address current? I tried to send a URL for a website I'm working on, but it bounced back. The website is:

www.greaterdecatur.com

It's full of all sorts of Decatur things to do, involving Music, Food, Drink, Movies, etc. Anxious to know your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Will you be posting more often in 2008?

I liked and read this blog more when you posted more frequently.

Anonymous said...

Here is a local website that is geared towards Decatur, Illinois. It has Free Classified listings and much more. Please check it out.

www.yourdecatur.com